Because I had some minor surgery yesterday, I've planned a few days off to focus on activities that are comforting and relaxing. It's nice to be reminded sometimes that life is about more than work and recognition. My plans for the coming week include:
- Sleep til 6 every morning and take a nap every afternoon.
- Take a long walk with someone who is very special to me.
- Eat ice cream with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
- Reread Jane Eyre, the story of a poor nanny who marries her wealthy boss.
- Rewatch Pride & Prejudice, the story of a poor farmgirl who marries a wealthy aristocrat. (I see a pattern in my entertainment choices.)
- Enjoy unhurried conversation with my daughter and friends who stop by.
- Call my old mentor, Vivian, to catch up.
- Organize my closet and get some warm, cozy sweaters out of storage.
- Start sewing the quilt I'm making from old pajama pants.
- Watch the History Channel specials remembering 9/11 and be reminded that life is fragile. I will be grateful for every moment, value the people who are special to me, and recommit to helping others when I can. I will pray for God's peace, grace, and mercy for our world.
How do you spend any time you have for relaxing? What are your thoughts as we remember 9/11 this weekend?